Friday, July 17, 2009

An Apology

I guess i really owe a special someone an apology....

Yes it ain't half easy being in a country so far away from home.... And the prospect that my mum is gonna leave next week sometimes drives me to the brink of tearing.

And so, having only being here for 2 days, I just want make my apologies known to you my dear Hana that I was really being a jerk when you were away in Canada because I couldn't understand then how much support an overseas exchange / international student needs...


About my day, wanted to wake up and attend a brief in school at 1030am but having to wake up at 11am... The windows here are shuttered so it literally blocks out the cold and the light! So as i was falling in and out of consciousness, i was deceived but the perpetual darkness that filled the room.

But I went down to school anyway and did my enrollment for my course. The stupid thing is that they seem to like to put alot of with strictions on international students so that they can't take more modules and thus allowing them to shorten their course from like say 3 years to perhaps 2.
Having said that, this semester, I'm only allowed to take 4 modules, and lets say for business courses, every modules takes you say 3 hours, THAT'S ONLY 12HOURS A WEEK!

Re-affirms the thought that I have truck loads of spare time on hand. Some may say that its giving us more time to study, but don't you think thats TOO MUCH spare time?!

Well, on the bright side, I've had my first taste of MEAT since i've been to Australia! (torture!)
ITS AMAZING how much meat can be packed into a meal. I ordered a 'Meat Lovers Box' and its like a KFC chicken box FILLED with chicken kebab and fries... I MEAN FILLED I TELL YOU!

Manage to find my way around the city with Mum and surprisingly managed to take the correct bus back home! (way to go!)

Cousin drove us for shopping afterwards, mainly for my stuff. Makes me feel really bad having to see my Mum buying what she thought was the best for me. An arm chair, new printer, table lamp etc... And afterwards i thought and tried to imagine how things will be after she leaves...
In a nutshell, its like the feeling that your Parents especially your mum from this middle class family, having to pay for your education and still trying to give you the life of an Up-class boy.. Topping that off you still have to think of your two brothers and the family back in Singapore.. How taxing... Its an absolutely horrible feeling.... BEYOND WORDS. I LOVE YOU MUM =( and all i can do now i just to say this...

-KeL


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lifehouse - Take M...